This past weekend, I practically moved into Kanayama's Village Hall for three days to watch Tenimyu's 3rd Season Seigaku vs Yamabuki 5 times. Having already seen it twice in Tokyo and once in Osaka, this brought me up to 8 times.I already wrote about thw show when I went to it before, so I'm not going to talk too much about the actual show again, but there were a few different and special things that happened so I'll at least talk about them.
- After the intermission, St. Rudolph have their own "skit". We'd seen Christmas and New Year ones at the previous shows, but there were no special events this time. Instead, each of the characters (aside from Nomura and Yuta) changed personalities in order (they thought) to have a better chance of beating Hyotei. Akazawa was quiet and unconfident (and trying to change his yell to be nicer), Yanagisawa did impersonations of everyone, Atsushi was super super high tension, Kaneda was a yankee (and it was AMAZING) and Miyagi was super nice and complimented everyone. Each skit would end with them being threatened to have their partner changed unless they could make us applaud them, at which point they would turn back to normal and try and make us applaud them.
- Being on the side of the stage that I was for most of the shows, I noticed that although Akazawa and Kaneda have their set little piece after the Golden Pair song, Kaisei had a variety of ways of being overly friendly with Akazawa. Linking arms, holding hands (my personal favourite), dancing around him. I never realised it changed until I saw it so many times, so the variety was nice. XD
- What I also liked was the variation in Kikumaru refusing to take Inui's drink. My personal favourite was when he just yelled "IRANAI." at the top of his voice.
- Nomura came up with various special moves involving famous Nagoya things (tebasaki and shachikko) and then one show he just became Harry Potter (.... more like Harry Potter than he always is).
- On the Friday and Saturday shows we had the special coming-of-age speeches from Kazuki and Shuto. On the Saturday, when Zaiki announced for the new adults to step forwards, Reo stepped forwards as well. Kazuki said, "it's fine, you can do my speech for me." Which is so like him. But no, he had to to it himself. Kazuki was very well aware that he was repeating the same speech each time but he did not care in the slightest and was very vocal about it. XD On Saturday's afternoon show he said "Shuto's speech yesterday was really amazing, and I was inspired... but I'm going to say the same thing as I did yesterday."
- On Saturday evening's show, when Zaiki asked the new adults to step forwards, Shun and Daiki (the oldest members of the cast at 24) stepped right to the back of the stage, and Reo called Shun an old man.
- By the way, Zaiki fails at announcing anything. He kept stumbling over his words. Not so perfect in real life, clearly. And speaking of which he also tripped over himself during his curtain call and almost fell over. Elegant.
- At the final show they did some speeches at the end. Sana, being from Aichi, got to do a speech. He said two years ago he went to the same theater to watch one of the Tenimyu musicals, so said it was amazing to be standing on the stage all that time later. Naoya made the mistake of asking Akutsu a question during his speech and almost got himself beaten up. Kenya's entire speech was about how Miyagi sings too loudly in his hotel room.